Friday, December 16, 2011

Honoring Energy

In CODA we like to say "Think is our drink." What this means is that we are addicted to thinking just as alcoholics are addicted to drinking. Look to the posts and information on meditation for the best antidote to this condition, so I suppose this is an energy meditation. Like classical meditation, honoring energy can get us out of our heads and into something beyond words, something we have to feel. It can be high or low, strong or weak, light or dark, even colors! These feelings often comes up when I don't like the energy I'm in. We have another saying, that "What we resist, persists." And in the past that's just what would happen as I would try to fight my way back to a "better" state of mind, body, and environment and waste great amounts of energy in the process. Now I honor what is, facing it, feeling it, and caring for it like a sick child in it's parents arms. "Negative" or "bad" situations, environments, and energies are really just red flags that something needs attention and transformation, a lesson and therefore a blessing in disguise, a "blesson." My spell check came on for that word, probably because we are so used to thinking those energies are so worthless and problematic that they must be resolved immediately and rarely look at them that way. That is changing thank goodness as I'm reminded of the popular country song, "God bless the broken road, that led me straight to you."

No comments: