Sunday, December 18, 2011

Experiencing Unbounded Love

If you read my earlier post about love, you will have a better idea of how I feel about love, somewhat distant. I intend, with God's help, to change that. You see, that's what was missing from the other post and my thinking and experience. It's not supposed to be ourselves first, but God, then ourselves, then everyone and everything else. I do feel blessed to have an excellent relationship with my Higher Power because I have always felt divine grace in nature, but even that feels a bit distant. I want intimate, I want to be cherished. I got off track awhile in my early twenties with the angry, punishing, jealous God of the old testament. A book, "Original Blessing" highlighted the time before organized religion when we worshiped through sky, water, sun, earth, wolves, hawks, and so on (nature!). This brought me HOME. I have furthered this relationship immensely by journaling regularly. I start out with: Good morning (afternoon or evening) Lord. Then we have a conversation, mostly one sided, but sometimes two way, where I detail everything going on in my thoughts, feelings, body, and life. Through this, God has become a dear and close friend. My wife considers this a bit silly, as God already knows everything about me down to every cell and second of my life but for me it really works. So how do we move this from a great friendship to unbounded love? We have to practice it. So I have started telling God of my love, through words, thoughts, feelings, and actions, through my life. I expect this bond will flourish and my experience of love will expand and deepen as time goes by. I'll let you know down the road. Good luck in your seeking.

No comments: