Sunday, August 8, 2010

Favorite Poetry

Poetry might seem an odd choice for "most important" recovery tools to you, but it works for me. What is most important to you? Joseph Campbell called it "Following your bliss." If you love flowers more than anything why can't that be on the top of your list? I simply find poetry as touching, powerful, and transformative as music, nature, and other paths. Quite honestly, it can shock me out of the grip of a negative mindset very quickly. Rumi is very good at this, an "ecstatic" poet. What better way to lift the spirits than ecstasy! I read his stuff at the talent show at camp and many people love it.You can find all kinds on the internet, just type in the subject, like flowers, then poetry. I've put a few good ones I found here and here. Enjoy!

No comments: